As posted before, ordered the stock on 9/18/2010. Got confirmation that the order was processed and shipped on 9/20/2010 to arrive at my door on 9/27/2010. Guess what? It showed up today, 9/23! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.

Opened up the box, took out the very well padded and packaged stock, and looked it over. Smooth finish from top to bottom, front to rear. There are no voids or other imperfections in the finish. The inletting is very clean and has all the necessary cutouts for the centerfeed magazine. The action screw holes are oversized, I assume to allow the use of factory steel "pillars". I ordered a Stockys Tundra stock a few months backs and it had this "pillar" installed already. Had to take it out because I custom machine my own pillars, so this one is well suited for me. The swivel studs are also cleanly installed. The Pachmayar Decelerator pad is nicely fitted to the stock as well. The overall feel of the stock is nice. It is lighter than I expected, I have a couple laminates that are heavy, and seems well balanced. It has a generous palm swell and is fully ambidextrous, aside from the bolt knob cutout. It has a nice 2 1/4 wide forearm but is a little more round bottomed than I expected. I guess a good design for riding the bags, prone, offhand; pretty much all shooting positions.

Very impressed with the stock for the price. It is a fantastic value, especially for a drop in.

Modifications to follow:
- Take out front two studs and install short accessory rail. (I am used to them, hard to live without them).
- Machine and install pillars
- Bed action and triggerguard opening.
- Open up recoil lug hole to accomodate custom recoil lug. Use the Tubb lugs.

Putting a Lothar Walther 243 28" 1 in 8 barrel on the short action. Sharpshooter Supply Tactical Bolt Knob. Don't know whether I will Duracoat the action gray or black yet. Ken Farrell MOA lugged base, Burris Extreme rings, Vortex Viper 6.5-20 Target Dot (Thanks Camerland!), and that should be it.

Hopefully it will balance out nicely.

I will post pics later. Stay tuned...