Brought my new Predator Hunter in 243 home last week! I used new Burris Signature Zee Rings to mount my new Mueller 4.5-14x40AO APT to the gun. I performed a mechanical zero procedure that involves looking through the scope into a mirror and making necessary adjustments to align the reticle and it's shadow. This procedure has worked well for me with other scopes and this scope only needed a few clicks in either direction to align. Also note I called Mueller and they said they do a mechanical zero when they ship them out so I feel confident I was at or near to start.

I zeroed the scope Monday and ended up needing 73 clicks of right windage to get it zeroed at 100 yards. The elevation needed 31 clicks. I am now thinking back to when I installed the scope. I had to look at it hard as there seemed to be a slight cant to the left of the scope. The gun was sitting in my swiveling bipod and I thought it was simply the bipod that was leaning the gun to the left. I rotated the gun and it seemed to clear up. Now I am paranoid something is not properly aligned. If so I would suspect the Savage bases but do not know how to check them.

Mueller rep on the phone said this scope has 96 MOA of windage adjustment, so I presume a centered scope would have 48 MOA available in either direction. My 73 clicks equate to roughly 18 MOA. My question is this considered a significant amount of windage to apply for initial sight in?