Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Shooter Supply, Stocks?

Sharp Shooter Supply, Stocks?

Has nayone recieved a stock you might have ordered , they told me 12 wks ago I would have one but have not heard anything, sent at least 4 emails countless phone calls and line is constantly busy makes me wonder if they are still in business.

Re: Sharp Shooter Supply, Stocks?

That is standard ops for SSS. And when you complain here, you will typically hear things like "their stuff is so good that it's worth the money, the wait, and the horrific customer service." so just forget that you ordered anything from them and one day, months after you have forgotten about it, it will show up and you will be as excited as a kid at Christmas.
    >338-06, Buris dvtails, Sig. rings, Buris FF2 3-9x40 >270 EGW base, Buris Sig. Zees, Buris FF2, >223, Nikon Bmster 4.5-14x40 SF, Dnz mount, SSS triger

Placed my order in Sept, (Special order -left handed, J action with magazine release through the stock) sent the gun in for T&T and stock fitting in January and received it all back in May. I'm still happy with it
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

thanks

You still have a long wait. I ordered an HBR stock March this year and was told 10 weeks. It's mid September now and still no joy. Everytime I call it's 3 weeks out. Been 3 weeks out since May. I sent my action in for a t & t, evolution trigger, and bolt fluted and got it back very quickly. Got everything for my 6br build except the stock. Frustrating to say the least......

Tbob , thanks, it will be the last time for me, customer support is the worse I am surprised you were able to even talk to them I have gotten no reply from 3 emails and am not able to get thru on the phone.

Do they charge your credit card when you order these or when they start the process to actually make the stock?
    Waska

yes they were suppose to take half they took all on mine

I've been waiting over 7 months and paid in full when ordered.

7 months what do you plan to do , I doubt I wait that long can you call your credit card company they can get your money back and can call better business there is alot you can do I am thinking of doing something soon

Same here. Been waiting 6.5 months and they have had my money since early March. I put together a 308 for a buddy using a target action, shilen barrel and glassbedded it in an sss stock. He ordered his one week before mine and received his in July. I just wish they would be truthful about their build times. I fully expected to be shooting my 6br in my dual port in competition this summer/fall.

these kinds od write ups will hurt there business just a matter of time

Russo for wood, Rayhill for composite!

As far as bad reviews hurting SSS...they don't care!

maybe they don't care , but it will catch up to them eventually, word and mouth can kill you on internet.

I have been and continue to be a big supporter to them for what they have brought to the world of Savage rifles. Without some of the stuff they have done who knows what would be available for a Savage, because Savage guns had always been overlooked by most until recent years as guns to build off of. Fred and Lisa had a huge part to do with that change. That being said I do not agree with everything they do though as I feel you suffer as a customer at times. It is a real shame that a couple of their biggest supporters on this site will not comment on these issues, but will always comment on the positive threads......

Most of us on here know what we have to deal with when we place the order, so we just allow enough lead time. But I feel sorry for the people like you who dont know the wait time wont be accurate and have to learn the hard way. Be alot easier if people knew upfront it would be 3-4 months to get a stock. They would still sell them for sure, and the customer would allow more lead time for themselves in the process. Then everybody would be happy!!!! Doesnt seem real hard to understand.

As far as reaching them, YES it is a real PITA sometimes. But if they added more phone lines and hired someone else to help answer them they would also be taking that many more orders, so what do you think the wait times would be for a stock or a barrel then!!!

I give them credit for wanting to remain a semi small shop, cause usually the bigger you get the more the quality of the product suffers when you deal with the vast variety of items they deal with. The downside to this is that we cannot reach them near as easily and there is still gonna be an extended wait time with only a few employess.

Bottom line though is it is their business and they can run it how they want to, but I do agree that with just some realistic and more accurate lead times it could be alot better for everyone. And we wouldnt have to have these conversations on this site and many other sites every week or so.

I'm just sorry you had to find all this out the hard way.....

I'm sure before long someone will just delete this thread so theres no negative rep being spread, instead of posting their thoughts in the thread. Seems to happen every time. As long as the thread stays truthful and not having any personall attacks it should stay open like it should.... I hope.

The good thing about this problem is that in the end about 99% of their customers are completely satisfied with the final product, and forget about everything else.

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast