I just replaced the pretty much the entire bolt on my 110 264wm build.

It started it's life as a early model 270win LA flat back. So to upgrade the bolt to handle the mag cartridge the bolt head had to be replaced, well then I found the firing pin is larger, so a new firing had to be ordered...while I was buying parts I decided to buy all the small parts for the bolt head and the sleeve the firing pin goes through.

So now I have a new firing pin, new Sharp Shooter bolt sleeve and new mag bolt head including all the extractor and ejector parts. Everything went together smoothly...to be honest I didn't measure the length of the assembled firing pin/spring so it could be a bit long.

Any way when I dry fire the gun I can't lift the bolt. I did notice the bolt release is pushed down against the action. Once I partially remove the firing pin it comes up and I can open the bolt.

I plan to take it out of the Choate stock and see what all is moving cause the release to be pinned down.

Any instant tips on what I did wrong? I would imagine I'm not the first one this has happened to...