As stated in the title, I have a 12FV in 223 Remington on the way. I am anxious to get this rifle as I recently began reloading for my semi-auto 223 rifles, and have built up a supply of ammo. I want to take both to the range and trade off shooting them to allow them to cool down a bit. I also want to slow myself down a bit as well. I am trying my best to be patient, but am anxious and would appreciate any input on things I would maybe find out on my own once I get the rifle. I am wanting to be ready once it arrives. If not for the hour on the road and wait time at the range, I'd be more patient. Man, I miss being able to walk out back door and shoot rather than the need to go to a range.

As you may suspect by the nature of this rifle, I intend on shooting it off a bench. I really feel I would be shooting it as single shot rather than repeater and load one at a time. I have spent several hours researching this rifle and have found just a few videos or pictures that relate to my concerns, none of which give me a clear picture of what to expect. I was hoping to see how one loads this rifle with scope mounted. I was unsure if I would have fat finger issues loading with a one piece picatinny rail on top or a one piece DNZ mount. Due to my impatience, I ordered both a one piece rail and a two piece mount/ring. I feel one will give more options, the other more room.

1) single feed adapter. I have read up on the Sharp Shooter Supply loading ramp and am tempted to order one now to cut down on wait time. I read mixed reviews on the need to epoxy it in or works without allowing to switch back to repeater. I also hear some people can just set round on top of magazine and load while others say to single feed one must still push round in magazine. If I need to epoxy, maybe better off buying another stock and required parts to swap back and forth. At the price of complete rifle after rebate, maybe better off buying second rifle and setting one up as single feed and leaving the other alone.

2) barrel break in. Yes, this is highly debated and some say shoot and clean when done, others say clean between each shot. I will be at a public shooting range and they frown upon any type of messing with gun and putting such, which can be expected. Would be best if could just shoot and clean when get home. If I do so, does it matter if I shoot 10 or 100 rounds before cleaning? I would obviously clean before shooting first time.

3) if buy second rifle should I opt for different caliber. already set up to reload 223, but already have 223. I am not a good shot and likely not shoot past 200 yards anyway. If opt for different caliber, are the single feed adapters different or the same for 223, 204? Would I be able to swap stocks between rifles? How about if buy boyd stock could I use it on any of the model 12fv even 6.5 or 308?

4)if buy stock, would I just fill all in with block of wood and just use single feed or stagger feed single shot adapter as no other parts in gun anyway?

any comments appreciated. thank you