I currently have a Vortex HS-LR 6-24x50 FFP with the XLR reticle sitting in my safe not being used. It is probably the most expensive piece of glass I have ever bought, so it kind of bothers me that it's not being used.

I currently have two model flat back 12s, one in 223 and the other in 22-250. Both rifles currently have early 2000s era Nikon Buckmaster on them, before the line was cheapend. The 223 has a 4.5-14 SFP Mil-Dot reticle with 1/8 minute turrets and the 22-250 has a 6-18 with the Nikon BDC also 1/8 minute turrets.

ive been thinking about putting the 6-24x50 on my 223 but I think it may be too much scope for the rifle. Typically I just shoot the rifle at paper and steel and have never shoot past 450 yards.

I originally bought the scope to go on a 308 because I wanted something that I could stretch out farther and the salesman talked me up to the 6-24 as opposed to a 4-16 because of the better reticle. Local laws change and I can now use the 308 for hunting deer. I just find that the magnification is how much for hunting my area and the reticle is hard to see at low magnifications.

If I put this on my 223, I'll have to buy new rings so I will probably get a new picatiny mount. I don't shoot the 22-250 much any more and thought about building it into a 6.5 but am they to save money for a future hunt or this would be the answer to my delima.