You are taking it all well and that does impress me as we have slapped you around a bit (or a lot)

Don't tell Savage it was reloads.

I don't know if you are new to all this, it seems not.

If you run the reload spread, worst you might do is 2 inches with that kind of gun regardless of the load and not likely even that.

By that I mean start at the lowest level and work up to max level 1/2 grain at a time.

The worst shooting gun in the world that doesn't like the load or bullet will have two decent areas in that spread.

That kind of group spread is so far outside the box as to be stunningly bad, you would think the barrel looks like a pretzel.

One other confirming step is to buy a box of match factory, if that does not do it then nothing will.

I will apologize. I am a mechanic/technician and now they call me an engineer (but ignore most of what I tell them!)

Our shop joke about our Manager is that when a conveyor quits working right, he wants to replace the whole building.

I don't know how many times I have seen people replace virtually an entire engine instead of focusing on the problem and figuring out the right trouble shooting steps

Good lesson to anyone new, ask first, we can save you a lot of money.

I figure for all you have done you could have a new barrel by now!