Truth be told I would feel pretty confident with a .223, 6.5 creed and 300wm. thats actually a pretty sweet combo. I assume your thoughts on the .308 during SHTF is availability? I know my .308 barrel is going to collect dust in the safe once I put my .260 together and part of me wants to sell it but it's such a nice barrel i'm not sure I can do that.

i'm a firm believer of you have what you have if the SHTF. the 6.5 creed will outperform the .308 in almost every aspect so why not lay in for a decent amount of components and/or ammo and rock that? truth be told a .223 will handle most of what you may come across during a shtf event. a semi auto would also be more oriented to the task in my opinion.

if you make the trade see how the winnie shoot's. if its a good shooter then maybe just leave it as is and roll with it. aside from having to change zero's the 300wm can do alot. you can run the 185-215gr berger's for way out there shots (dependent on stability with the 215gr) then you have bonded 180's for bone crushing power for big game, then the 130-150's for laser beam flatness for light skinned game and if you really wanted to get crazy you could run some 110's and vaporize varmints and predatory/nuisance animals.