Thread: Delaware Checking In !

Delaware Checking In !

New Savage owners. Son and I split the cost on a Cabela's 12 fv in .223 this weekend.Think he was leaning towards the .308 for high power silhouette but I am way to cheap for that until he shows commitment. I haven't shot seriously for 20 yrs. so I told him I would break out the press and teach him reloading and competition shooting. Hopefully he will get the bug and take it to the next level. We have been going to the pistol range and wasting .22 rimfires for a couple of months. My first question is about mounts for this gun. Are they the same as model 10 round mounts? Chris

Team Savage
    welcome aboard & yes they will fit

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along

Basic Member
    Congratulations on having a fine son who spends time with Dad! God luck on getting him fired up on shooting and reloading. Sporting Clays and bird hunting really worked well with my boys. Lots of bonding time, lots of discussions, both are doing great. Oldest married a girl who now likes to shoot pistols, rifles, and shotguns. He has to get her own Benelli! She's not getting mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    howdy,yes they fit

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Got a flyer from cabelas in the mail today and the 12fv is a hundred dollars off! Went to the store and customer service said since I only bought it a couple of days ago they should be able to refund the difference. Wife told me to grab the receipt but I forgot to pick it up. Went to the firearms counter , waited my turn and spoke with a rep. He said the price was now $319.99 and the rebate was still in place. So since they had no .308's in the store I was forced to come home and order another rifle! I will stop by the store after work tomorrow and see if they will adjust the price on the first one. If you one want check the website to see what your options are. Kinda hard to turn these down at this price. Chris

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways