I have a 7mm Rem Mag and when I was growing up I hunted a bit with a 7x57 and really liked it. I want to keep the magnum and swap the barrel on one of my other guns to make a 7mm of some type. I just need some advice to help me decide what to do.

#1. I have a 10T in 6.5 Creedmoor, and while I got a deer with it last year, it is too heavy to hunt with again. It shoots fantastic and I couldn't bear to sell it because it shoots so nice, BUT, I haven't shot it since I got my LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor.
I think a 7mm-08 would be a great swap. I would likely go with a Shilen heavy sporter or a varmint coutour, both of which would be much lighter than the 10T barrel. The only thing I would need is a barrel and go-no go gauges, the stock is sufficient as it is and I already have 7mm-08 reloading dies. The bonus is that I would get to keep the barrel that I know is quality.
With the barrel nut, recoil lug, go-nogo gauges and threaded (for suppressor) 22" Shilen barrel I would be around $475 and have a kick ass gun.

#2. I have a Axis 25-06. It shoots fine, but nothing spectacular (around 1 MOA). I have a Timney trigger and a second magazine for it already. Since I would be getting a larger diameter barrel, I would need to get a stock that is suited to it. I like wood stocks and the plastic stock sucks badly anyways.
I think a 7x57 with a wood stock and a heavy sporter barrel that is 26-28 inches long with a 1-8 twist would kick ass. My brother has dies and a bunch of brass he said I could have.
With the barrel nut, Go-nogo gauges, 26-28" heavy sporter or varmint barrel and a wooden stock (might make one of my own but probably buy one), I would have at least $600 but probably more into it. I have always wanted a modern 7x57, but the only downside is starting with the axis.... but the worst parts of the axis would be gone.

Any insight that I am not seeing?