Thread: 308

Good afternoon read a lot about Firearms here on the Savage forum. I own a 308 and it shoots about inch and a half of 200 yards with Federal gray box 150s I want to buy a new Woodstock don't like the one that came with it it's alright. I really don't want to mess up a good thing if I got a stock from Boyd's the thumb hole one. Do you think of a foot the betting blocks and glass bet it will shoot the same or worse thank you

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm doing talk-to-text if I put bedding blocks and fiberglass in the stock where did shoot worse same or better or do I just have to try and find out

I don't think you would hurt anything changing to a Boyds stock. Worst case scenario is you put the original stock back on to get back to where you were if the accuracy took a turn for the worse. Assuming you have the factory synthetic stock I would be inclined to say you'll almost assuredly see better accuracy just by eliminating the flex in the stock by going to the Boyds.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks buddy

Banned
    I have a Boyds Lightweight hunter Thumbhole on one gun and a Boyd's Target (praire varmient?) on another.

The fit was so good I have not done any bedding on either one.

Both will shoot sub 1/2 MOA