Thread: Savage Parts Site ?

Basic Member

Savage Parts Site ?

Hello,
    I was just on the Savage web site to look at ordering a few items , magazines, ect, and I can not find a link to their parts ?
    Last spring I was on the same site and they had a link.
    Anyone knows what gives, or do I really need to get glasses ?
    Thanks
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

Basic Member
    https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    Its been down for maintenance for at least a month or more so you'll have to call service to order parts.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Actually it's been down 8-9 months now. At this point I have a feeling Savage isn't going to bring it back, or if they do it's going to be much smaller in scale with just basic parts (magazines and such).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

If I recall correctly, it went down during their Christmas break, and never came back up.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    I think Savage wants to inhibit Shade Tree gunsmiths like me from customizing their guns. I have 3 actions and 6 barrels. And considering a new build for 20 vartarg. They don't make as much money if you just get a few aftermarket parts. but they started the trend with their flaxible design.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strut64 View Post
    I think Savage wants to inhibit Shade Tree gunsmiths like me from customizing their guns. I have 3 actions and 6 barrels. And considering a new build for 20 vartarg. They don't make as much money if you just get a few aftermarket parts. but they started the trend with their flaxible design.
    A lot of manufacturers will not sell to the retail public. They choose instead to sell to either their registered distributor/dealer network or to "authorized" service outlets. I worked for a manufacturer that had that policy. They didn't want the hassle of a "Retail Store". Was more efficient for them to fill large orders to the chosen channel than a piece here and a piece there to hundreds of customers.

It also shows some loyalty to those who signed on as retail outlets.

Basic Member
    I have no trouble getting parts, just have to talk to a Customer Service person. Yes, sometimes there's a wait....but overall, not a bad way to do business, IMOP.

I suspect the change is motivated by a desire to make sure we get the right part the first time. Fewer returns means more profit.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.