Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
I have a 300 WSM Bear hunter that I got in February, and just shot test loads with 212 ELDX and it shoots really nice, 7/8 " groups. I will be taking it out farther on Friday... So far just 100 yards, and no shots on animals yet.

The plan is to use it for elk hunting this fall. I have used every type of powder I have and many different charges and seating depths from book to .04 over (.01 less than touching) and the thing just never tightened up more than 3/4 with win 760 (not taking this out hunting) and never got more than a little over an inch with the worst loads I tried.... It is really strange, I settled on a 7/8 group and book length OAL with 61.7g of H4350... It should be just fine :) It is only 2700 FPS, but with that big of bullet I don't need faster, and the next node almost knocks my shoulder off. :)
Good deal!
Mine will be here today actually. Pretty excited.
Ya know, I really like the Bear Hunter, especially with the adjustable muzzle break and all. But, I do wish Savage would introduce the 300 WSM to the FCP HS Precision series. They have one in 300 WM and 338 Lapua.
Imo, the Law Enforcement Series needs the 300 WSM too. Or, at least, I want it lol.