The NSS has a slot cut out for the lug. I don't have a Wheeler, but the NSS is very nicely done, I like that kind of workmanship a lot and was surprised at the low cost.

And for starting out at least, it gives you a manual with torque specs for the main cap bolts, the receiver holding screw as well as for the Savage nut going back on.

I know you can just guess at all of it and am doing so more and more, but for starting out its nice to have the data.

Of course you need a torque wrench (I have those from my engine working days so not something I had to buy)

One Caveat: One of my Savage actions does not like being tightened up to the spec for the action wrench, the other two are fine.

I have learned to keep the hardware loose on that one, it works, I don't like it and not a clue why the one action is different.

On the other hand it shoots just fine if I can so........ it was the last action I bought and a Bottom bolt release so I don't know if there have been sublet changes in Savage. The other two are 15 years old and off a 12FV.