Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
^^^ Yep, I get all of that, too. Please, don't anyone get me wrong. I am a big fan of Boyds, maybe the biggest. I am amazed at the quality of their product for the price. And, I don't think there is anything wrong with them that can't be fixed if you're willing to put the extra work into them such as bedding and pillaring. Heck, if they weren't around, I don't know what I'd do.

I'm not complaining. Just trying to get them to understand, better, that when they get requests for a certain stock configuration for the model 12, it's essentially the same as a request for the model 11! Saying, "We don't get any requests for that in the model 11, just the model 12" tells me they are confused, like most everyone else.
I understand where you're coming from, but you also have to understand where they are coming from as well. We're hacks/tinkerers - they don't cater to us, and by that definition we should be plenty capable of adapting something that's close to fitting our needs (that's the whole point of our "tinkering" with our Savages anyway isn't it?). Just like Savage builds guns for the masses, Boyds builds stocks for the masses - and the masses are those who aren't tinkering with their guns swapping out barrels or cobbling this and that together just to see if it can be done. The masses have bone stock guns that they just want a better stock for, and as such Boyds makes stocks for STOCK guns because that's what 99.5% of their customers are putting them on.

You and me and the others savaholics on this site are part of that other 0.5%. Those of us that fall into that small percentage know Savage's well enough to know that we can order a Model 12 stock for a heavy barrel and use it on our modified Model 11 that started life with a sporter barrel. Those that don't know that need to get off their duff's and educate themselves a little rather than just jumping blindly into it and expecting someone else to be the brains for them.