Thread: Filling accustock inlet gap around sporter barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    If you read his OP, he has a LWH, noodle barrel. Big gap. If you use epoxy of any kind, I recommend you heat the stock up a bit with a heat gun to bring the release agents out of the stock. Be careful here though, don't get it too hot. Then wipe it down real good with denatured alcohol. scuff it up with scotch brite pads and re clean with the alcohol before using the epoxy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RP12 View Post
    If you read his OP, he has a LWH, noodle barrel. Big gap. If you use epoxy of any kind, I recommend you heat the stock up a bit with a heat gun to bring the release agents out of the stock. Be careful here though, don't get it too hot. Then wipe it down real good with denatured alcohol. scuff it up with scotch brite pads and re clean with the alcohol before using the epoxy.
    Everything you said plus it would be a good idea to drill a series of small (1/16") holes all over the area to be covered with epoxy. I did this to a stock a few years ago and just drilled the holes about 3/16" deep about an inch apart. To make a nice smooth part line inside the barrel channel I took some 2" wide pipe tape and placed some long pieces lengtwise on the bottom of the barrel. The tape is fairly thick as opposed to electrical tape and I built it up to about 1/10th inch thick. When the epoxy cured it was nice and smooth and I just dressed the top edge with a flat file.

Devcon 10110 is what I used and it cures to a dark gray, about the same as Parkerized barrels.