Thread: If Only I Could Find A Way To Conceal It

If Only I Could Find A Way To Conceal It

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I have been staying busy.
    I just recently picked up this it is a Desert Eagle in 50AE it is the size of Delaware
    but it sure is fun to shoot.

I am having trouble uploading so here is a generic pic for now, it is pretty much the same one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dese...zyEzAFyuX2-_M:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1117469-deserteagle.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	3431
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    After shooting a 44mag Python with hot loads that my buddy had. I don't get the fun of the high powered heavy recoil pistols. I'm 32 and my wrists were sore the rest of the day. Although shooting a 3x3' piece of steel at 250yds consistently helped make it more interesting! Glad to have you back Scope Eye!

It is a semi so that does help with the recoil how much who knows, it sure does make you feel alive.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Team Savage
    Had 2 Desert Eagles. Both in 44 Mag. You talk about a "MAN'S" gun? That's it. One military black and the other High Polished Blue. A real beauty. You arn't suppose to shoot reloads? That's all I ever shot and NEVER had issues except running out of rounds.
    The HP Blue sat unfired for about a year and the black one didn't get much use so they both finally went down the road. At least I can say I had one (or two).
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

A vertical shoulder rig and a jacket
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    I started out with a mark VII in 44 mag. Had it for probably 13+ years. Loved it, but always wanted a 50. Unfortunately the Mk VII can not be converted to 50 without also changing the slide, making it cost as much as just buying a 50.
    About a year ago I started searching for a 50. I found the perfect one for a reasonable price on gunbroker. Came with the 6 in 50 barre, a 10 inch 44 mag barrel, 2 mags for each caliber, and 250 pieces of brand new IMI 50AE brass.
    I sold my old Mk VII and bought a 6 inch 44 mag barrel. I plan on one day getting a scope for the 10 inch barrel, but have not yet.

I will admit I love the 50. It is such a hoot to shoot. Even my girlfriend likes shooting it. Recoil is really not bad. Being gas operated semi auto helps.
    It is definitely a gun you want to reload for. All I have ever shot out of mine are my own reloads. I have found they really like the faster burning powders, much like most semi auto rifles. Unique for light weight 44 bullets, 2400 for heavy 44 bullets. In 50, all I have tried is 2400 and N105. It seems to prefer 2400.

Basic Member
    that's pretty big. you're going to have to get some of them REALLY baggy pants.

can you imagine trying to conceal anything in one of these tight suits the guys are wearing these days?

Basic Member
    I bought a 44 mag with the intention of bear medicine when I'll go backpacking again. I'll shoot it for 20 or so rounds then I have to put it down.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

My buddy has a 50AE and is is fun for sure. Recoil is sharp but not bad at all. Wish I had one myself.