Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Probably the best kits on the market right now are the RCBS Rock Chucker Special-5 Explorer Plus kit and the Hornady Lock-n-Load Classic Deluxe kit. Both are a step above the basic kits and include some additional or upgraded items (powder measure stand, digital scale v. beam scale, etc.). The Lee kits are another option that's cheaper, but I'm not a fan of their beam scale or their powder measure and I think most would agree that in the long run the above two kits are well worth spending the extra $$ on.

As for the specific questions...

1) However much you want or can afford to spend.

2) I would recommend at least a 3 or 4' long workbench area for your press, powder measure and scale while still having enough room for a couple case trays and boxes of components.

3) Time for what? To learn? To load 100 rounds?

4) Several different reloading manuals from different bullet and powder manufacturers. They're a wealth of information on reloading, and different manuals have data for different powders/bullets or combinations thereof.
I recommend kits pretty much on the basis of how much of the original package will still be in use 5 years later. I think the RCBS is the one that fits the criteria of "highest percentage" with the Lee being the one with the least. I still have all of my RCBS tools and equipment from almost 40 years ago. Yes, I bought it piece by piece, not in a kit, but it all adds up to what's in the kit today.