Thread: This scope stuff is driving me crazy... Need scope advise for a 10T .308

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I have a Sightron SIII 10x42 as mentioned above. I think this is one of the best scopes out there, period. For what it's worth, if I had to pick only one scope to use on any given rifle of known accuracy for a SHTF type situation, this is definitely it.

Also worth mentioning here..... I had a 10x Super Sniper. It was a good scope, but I sold it with a rifle as a package deal a couple years back. The 10x Sightron is better in every category across the board. It's also almost twice the price, but absolutely worth it. You definitely get what you pay for.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I would agree with the fixed power scope, and also with Mr Mc Furious opinion on the FFP/SFP situation.
    I have a fixed 10 power Bushnell tacticle scope on my 223 Savage model 12 and couldn't be happier with it.
    Current price would be under $300 new and it has a mil dot reticle.
    Also have a Sightron varieable on a 22/250 Ackley model 12 that never moves off 10 power.
    I bought that used for $250 from a guy who needed a new Nightforce.
    It has 1/8 minit clicks, but who cares, I don't count clicks anyway just minits, and the large numbers or a full rev on the dial produces the same as a 1/4 minit scope.
    But, an 1/8 minit dial could be very important for a small bore competitor.
    Zero stop, good idea, (But), you still gotta remember to dial back, its not automatic, and they can be pricey.
    There are several little tiny allen head screws holding the turret cap on most scopes.
    On some you just pick up the cap and rotate it.
    You need to loosen those and place the dial on zero, then retighten them after your initial sighting in at 100 yds.
    On at least a Leupold, and possibly others as well, you can cut a thin slice from a 12 gauge shotgun shell case
    and install that on the turret for a zero stop.
    Nightforce charges close to $300 for a zero stop, Bruce Baer who is a stocking dealer, charges $35.
    But you gotta remember to dial back with his also lol, and sooner or later everybody forgets.
    Best to do as little dialing as possible, especially when hunting.
    I would suggest looking up, and reading up, on a (Horus reticle) and form a picture of that in your mind.
    Remember, that same principle applies to any scope, regardless of type reticle, type of dial, or focal plane.
    Hold on the target where the last bullet hit for your follow up shot, and forget the dial.
    Unless of coarse your a precision target shooter.