Thread: Optics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    After a little searching I found the guy that makes them. Here's the info he gave me. His e mail is 1watson@cox.net
    939-498-8667
    Drilling and tapping will cost maybe half what the mount cost, I'd go with the mount to keep things original. Hope I've been a help!!

I start with aLeupold 1 piece mount made for the factory drilled and tapped Savage 99. I have extensions welded on and then shape and finish it with hand tools in mygarage. I use a factory drilled and tapped EG as a jig for fitting. The mounting holes are elongated to account for differences in manufacturingacross models.

I build this tomount like the Stith does using the 2 tang holes and the rear sightdovetail. See the attached pics and instructions.

You will need tobuy a set of Leupold or Redfield standard rings to mount the scope.

I need to know themodel and SN of the gun you want to scope. I also need the distance fromthe receiver ring to the rear of the dovetail. I’ve attached apicture so you know what I mean.

It’s about 3-3/16” on the 99 fixed frames; 3.160” measured with acaliper. The older takedowns are usually around 3” - but it does vary.

The 1899 models rear sight is about 5-3/8” from the receiver ring. Ican build one but it is a longer lead time.

I get $170 shippedfor it in the U. S. $195 to Canada. I accept PayPal in the U.S.with a $5.00 markup to cover their fee - $8.00 for Canada.

See the attachedand let me know your decision.

Thank you Big Al1!