Okay I did something stupid in a hurry and bought the "Trophy Hunter XP" last fall. 116 in 7mm Rem mag. I like savage and I like the actions that a working guy can modify. Unfortunately I was used to a 264 Win Mag that I could consistently get 2in groups at 300 yards. I have not been impressed with the accuracy of the 116. I installed an EGW 0moa rail and their practical scope rings. Now I have been looking at replacing the stock and came upon something that I haven't found much info on. Boyds now offers stocks cut for the trophy hunter xp package and its lack of bottom metal. If I purchase one of these stocks, and it still does not quite reach my expectations, what are my chances of getting a good solid pillar bedding job in the stock with it not having any bottom metal for the action screws to set in? Has anyone tried this? Would I be better off buying one that would take the bottom metal and buy that too or buying one for a blind mag and converting to that? I don't want to buy a stock now to find out in a year, when I have some more money saved, that I need a different stock to get better accuracy.