Purchased the ftr .223. First thought, bed it while I wait for my scope to arrive. I have bedded 6 other rifles with great success. Needless to say, destroyed the stock beyond repair. No idea what I did wrong, thinking old material maybe. Not sure. It was super melded like something hotter than the sun struck it. So now waiting for a new chassis from PDC custom to arrive, while I kick myself in the arse for messing up my factory stock. Messing up as in I had to cut it, smack it, run it over with lawnmower, soak it in regurgitated camel spit, to get it off. Maybe there was a power tool or two involved also. Craig at pdc was great to deal with, gave me a veterans discount also. Lead time is 8 or so weeks so I have plenty of time to figure out what else I can destroy in the mean time. I played with the trigger and have it at 1 pound with out it tripping out when I cycle the bolt pretty rough. I have a weaver t-36 coming for a scope until I can sell a kidney and get a March or NF. I have the weaver on a win 52c, and it is a darn fine optic in my humble opinion. For now anyway it will get me by. So I am looking for any info on a good starting load for this chamber/barrel combo. Not sure if it's a tight chamber etc. I reload .223 for an ar15, but this will be my first bolt gun .223. I use win 748 for my ar. The barrel is 30 inches on this gun!! Any one have this gun and can give me an idea what or where to start, as far as loads go? Also, stand by for my next football bat move, you might get a laugh out of it. Thanks guys.