Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
I congratulate you on being honest enough to come back and publicly admit the problem was you and not the rifle. Most wouldn't.
Agree

you no poop have to learn how to shoot lightweight rifles.
You sure do. My first Savage LWH was in a Creedmoor with the 20" pencil barrel. The muzzle flip was sharp and "inspiring" but did not enhance accuracy even a little. I finally just went with a 22" sporter barrel from another Savage and all ended well. It is what Savage should have put on the LWH's to start with.
I agree and that's probably what I would have done if I could have found a take off barrel. I was in between re-barreling with a higher end medium sporter or trading it away. Yesterday fortunately changed my mind.

As I learned some of the lightweight rifle techniques my groups got smaller and it all came together yesterday. Pull the rifle hard into the shoulder pocket, down on the fore end and what turned out to make the big difference was very light cheek pressure on the stock. It took almost all the reticle wobble out and the snug hold controlled the recoil.

Can't wait to take it out to 500 yds and make sure it's minute of antelope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk