Thread: Recoil Lug Question??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Thanks for the pictures and I can see the difference. Let me know how the milling turns out. I may see if PTG would be able to mill a lug to the accustock lug specs.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and I can see the difference. Let me know how the milling turns out. I may see if PTG would be able to mill a lug to the accustock lug specs.
    Might be less expensive to have them grind a dowel pin so one end fits the hole in their lug and the other is a closer fit to the recess in the Savage action. They make these lugs for both Remingtons and Savage. The Remington's get pinned and there isn't a lot of metal on the front of the action to allow a larger pin hole. Creating a lug with a raised index "key" would be most likely a whole lot more expensive.

One might be even creative enough to chuck a larger dowel pin in a lathe and use a tool post grinder to grind one end to fit the lug. Might even be possible to do the same using a drill press and a Dremel with grinding wheel and steady hand. Start with a long dowel pin so it's easier to grip and then press into lug using a vise (with a piece of hardwood on the rear jaw to prevent damage to the lug. Then merely grind excess off exposed end of dowel pin so it doesn't bottom out in action recess.