I was unpacking boxes from my recent move and came upon my flag, it was pretty worn so I figured I would retire her and get a new one. So I went on my way to the post office to properly dispose of her, and the lady said that this PO was a privately owned PO and she could not take it, but she kindly gave me directions to which one could. So I get to the other PO "it was pretty big" so I was standing in line and was finally called upon, so I hand her the flag and she says why are you giving me this for what do you want me to do with it.
I ask her if she could properly dispose of it, again why are you giving it to me she said, then turned to 3 or 4 of her coworkers and they had no clue either so I ask for some one higher up and they came out same thing no clue. I said go get me the postmaster which they did and I kid you not she or any of the other 10 to 12 workers that were there knew anything, then after I said shame on them they started getting rude so I left. as I was walking past a line of people that had grew pretty long most of them were shaking there heads in disbelief one guys eyes were watered up and uttered the words My God. The last person in line happen to be a funeral and crematorium
owner and said that I could give it to him and he would take care of it. I was so worked up that I just sat in my truck so I could calm down, to tell you the truth I kinda was expecting the cops to show up they never did.

Dean