Thread: Highly disappointed in new Savage rifle and savage customer service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    Switching to metal bottom parts is better than the plastic if you want the most accuracy potential from your Savage LWH. Since www.SavageArms.com revised their web page several months ago, I don't believe you can pull up parts and order direct online anymore. Contact Savage Arms Parts by phone with your rifle serial number and order the new style metal bottom bolt release trigger guard, SA matte metal DBM frame assembly(surround) and magazine bottom cap by phone. Your current metal magazine box and follower will snap onto the new metal bottom cap. Then everything will be metal on metal when your torque down the action screws. The following article http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial explains the different bottom parts. I have two Savage LWH factory walnut stocks in SA and LA that I have replaced the plastic bottom parts with metal. Switching to the metal bottom parts will add about 9 oz to the overall weight of the rifle verses the plastic. The picture below is Savage LWH, LA stock with metal bottom parts.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    Switching to metal bottom parts is better than the plastic if you want the most accuracy potential from your Savage LWH. Since www.SavageArms.com revised their web page several months ago, I don't believe you can pull up parts and order direct online anymore. Contact Savage Arms Parts by phone with your rifle serial number and order the new style metal bottom bolt release trigger guard, SA matte metal DBM frame assembly(surround) and magazine bottom cap by phone. Your current metal magazine box and follower will snap onto the new metal bottom cap. Then everything will be metal on metal when your torque down the action screws. The following article http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial explains the different bottom parts. I have two Savage LWH factory walnut stocks in SA and LA that I have replaced the plastic bottom parts with metal. Switching to the metal bottom parts will add about 9 oz to the overall weight of the rifle verses the plastic. The picture below is Savage LWH, LA stock with metal bottom parts.
    After looking at all of that it would appear the only important pieces to be metal should be the trigger guard since an action screw goes through that. Does the front action screw touch the plastic box housing at all or is it direct to the pillar? Reason I ask is the box housing will be super expensive.