I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just have to say that after now owning three Model 10/11 Savage bolt guns (2 in .308 and 1 in 7.62x39) and fiddling with two Ruger 77 Hawkeye's for over a year, I am completely sold on Savage rifles. No muss, no fuss - like the commercial used to say.

My Ruger 77's were shiny, attractive rifles with superb actions, etc. But they drove me nuts at the range. Beyond nuts. I probably would have been satisfied with them if I hadn't already experienced the accuracy and near-boring consistency of my Savage bolt guns. No matter what I did, I could not get that kind of consistent performance from the Rugers. So I sold them both and replaced one of them with yet another Savage 11 in .308. After 25 rounds, that Savage was giving me .7's and .8's and gave me near-touching holes at 300 yards with my handloads. Best I ever did with the Rugers at 300 was about 3-4" groups. And that was maybe twice out of 20-30 tries.

Add to this how LIGHT my Savage rifles are on average (7 lbs. with the basic synthetic stock and a Luepy 2-7x33 scope) and they are just no-brainers. I lucked into a never-fired model 11 in .308 at Cabelas the other day that did not have a scope for just $399 and now I feel like I stole that gun. LOL

I also picked up a Tikka T3x in 30-06 for a stainless lightweight mountain gun, and will be comparing it to my Savage .308 over the next few weeks. I've read/heard nothing but good things about the Tikka's, but sitting next to my Savages - it's gotta tall climb to earn it's way into my gun safe permanently now. LOL

Yup, just another satisfied Savage customer here.