So I bought my 10 BA Stealth brand new, and so far to date I've never really been all that impressed with it's accuracy. I thought with the factory blueprinted goodness that it'd shoot even better than what I'm used to seeing out of factory savage rifles. I really wanted to love the gun and so far I've probably got 200 - 300 rounds through it. I've run factory Federal gold medal match 168gr, and 175gr ammo. The only problem was with the 175gr FGMM seemed to stick in the chamber, while every other factory I've ran seemed to cycle just like it should. I haven't tried any reloads and honestly don't want to. Part of the appeal of the 308 was the ability to just buy match ammo in quantity and not spend all my time at the reloading bench.

Honestly, I wasn't too happy about the changed screw size on the scope base because I didn't really see a need for it. It was a needless pain, but oh well.

The factory mag should just be called a 9rd mag and used for play time only since the magpuls out there are a much better choice in my humble opinion.

The factory stock just had to go, and I replaced it with a cheap Magpul CTR with a 3/4" riser. Honestly it's not a perfect solution, but I'm pretty happy with it.

I can deal with the scope base, as that's been resolved thanks to Leupold, and I planned on additional mags from the start so I have my factory mag collecting dust and I'm using the magpuls exclusively. What I can't really seem to do is deal with the lack of accuracy that I'm getting. I'm hovering right around 1" or more, and I know everyone on the internet says they're a half MOA shooter, but I have shot those groups before and I know I can shoot at least 3/4" groups when the gun/ammo/optic, and I are up to the task.

At first I thought it was the scope. I has a primary arms 4-14 with the ACSS HUD. That reticle is a little different than I'm used to so I swapped it with a vortex pst 6-24ffp from another rifle that I've spent a lot of time behind. That really didn't make any difference and now here I am left with a bolt action rifle that I'm really not all that impressed with for accuracy, which in my mind is the only reason I'd ever buy a bolt action.

So is there anything out there that I may be missing to make this rifle shoot well? I've never swapped a barrel before, but if I had that done wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a factory blue printed rifle?