Thread: Portable Reloading Setups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm only reloading one round so far, 44 mag. Because of the low quantities I reload for just that one caliber, my ONLY reloading equipment would be considered a portable kit.
    I do intend to eventually reload more and for more calibers, so one day I'll be investing in bench top equipment and this will actually be my portable kit.

In a large, plastic Stanley toolbox, I have a Lee handloader, Lee Classic Loader kit, hornady die kit, leather mallet, bullet puller, scale, empty disposable ammo boxes, reusable ammo boxes made by Plano, a small jeweler's anvil, several small hand tools for weapon maintenance, and of course the ammo components. And a few other odds and ends that go along with the task.

Very basic, very simple, suits my needs perfectly. At the rate I'm going, I'm on track to reloading a whopping 1,500 rounds this year. I don't consider that too bad when I take into account this is a kit that some serious reloaders have scoffed at.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    when I take into account this is a kit that some serious reloaders have scoffed at.
    I know of one World Record Holder that uses a Lee press and Lee Collet sizing die. Also a Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

Sometimes it's all about the shooter and what he knows than it is about the tools used to load the ammo.

I've watched more than a few shooters invest huge amounts in loading equipment, using only the top names with everything nice and polished in fancy boxes, etc, etc, etc, The then sit and cuss because their 100 yard targets look like someone launched a load of 00 buckshot at it.