Hello,

I have a Savage MkII in .22LR.

When I first got it, there was a definite change in impact with change in bullet brand.

I got to playing around with the barrel - first I just put a Limbsaver damper on it, but then got to thinking about putting a controlled pressure point right in front of the action, so I did that, then I read someplace on the 'net about using rubber O-rings to reduce harmonics.

So my rifle looks like this:

[img width=600 height=399]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/WabashShootist/Savage%20Mag%20Fix/Savage%20Sear%20Fix/Savage%20Set%20Trigger/AbethePhotobomb.jpg[/img]

Before, I'd have changes in impact if I changed bull type. Since those rubber mods, it's not been doing that, which is something I thought was not possible.

If I have a given bullet weight at a given velocity, I will still hit what I'm aiming at, down to a dime, at 50 yards with another bullet of the same weight and speed, but different brand.

With different weights and/or speeds, I may or may not have to adjust elevation.

Regardless, brand just doesn't seem to matter WRT POI any longer. Group sizes still change, but I can break it in with Blazer and shoot Mini-Mags, Winchester, Federal American Eagle, Federal Champion, Remington bulk, and heck, I don't know what all else I found in my stash.

The one other thing I'm doing is resizing almost everything I shoot to .225". This is what the chamber slugs out to. In other words, I'm sizing the ammo up so that the chamber acts like a semi-match chamber.

Comments?

Thanks,

Josh