Thread: Long action, short action cartridge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
    i'm doing the same once I get time to put it together. going to start with 140gr rdf's .020 off the lands. I bought a magpul mag to try with the ptg dbm. also plan on trying reloader 26 to boost the velocity up from this boat anchor of a 28" barrel.
    Give it a shot! I ended up getting best results from a4350, which is handy since h4350 is inobtanium these days...

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Give it a shot! I ended up getting best results from a4350, which is handy since h4350 is inobtanium these days...

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
    exactly! if I could find h4350 i'd go that route without question. since I can't I figured i'd give RE26 a shot. figured I may get some extra velocity or at least get equal velocity with less pressure which should translate into longer brass life. but ES SD will be the deciding factor

Long action, short action cartridge?

Savage does not make them but "Intermediate " length actions are out there to address this specific need.

Are you shooting Berger Hybrid 140's? I seat mine at about 4 thow off the lands because my mag's (Magpul AICS) max OAL is 2.86, the Hybrids don't mind the jump.

As a side note the AW mag and one model of the accurate mag will accept rounds with an OAL of 2.9X

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
    exactly! if I could find h4350 i'd go that route without question. since I can't I figured i'd give RE26 a shot. figured I may get some extra velocity or at least get equal velocity with less pressure which should translate into longer brass life. but ES SD will be the deciding factor
    H4350 is out there if you put some effort into it. My shooting buddy has purchased 16lbs in the past month. Skip ahead a few pages in your google search, obviously every one is gonna Look at the first page of results. Personally I have been using IMR 4350 and 4451 with good results.

BTW: if you don't mind paying a premium GunBroker often has H4350