How many Remington owners out there have had problems with the standard extractor "clip" that fits in the recess in the bolt nose (riveted or non-riveted)?

I found it to be a major pain in my two Rem Bolt actions, (.223 and 308). Seems like all kinds of crud builds up under it and it gets harder and harder to close the bolt with the extra resistance to the hook end being pressed out of the way by the extraction rim on the case. Some cases get some nasty nicks on them when this happens.

On my .308 I got so frustrated I changed the Bolt to a PT&G One-Piece that uses the M-16 style extractor. Not offered for my .223 bolt face. Just wondering if others have had this issue or it's a product of my high round count. I consider a "lite" range day when I only shoot 100 rounds per caliber and I shoot a minimum of twice per week. (Retired and a Widower so little else gets in my way of shooting time).

Any feedback on what others have experienced, modifications performed, or changes made, would be welcome.

I know this is a Savage based forum but I also know that there are those out there that own some Remingtons. I'd like to hear from them.

PS: I DO own a Savage and even though I see potential issues with the extractor, I prefer it to the Remington system.