Thread: Caliber Conundrum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    6br is a great cartridge especially setup for the 105's with a fast twist barrel. keep in mind there are tons of reamers out there for this cartridge. i'd recommend a no turn reamer setup for lapua brass with freebore for the 105's. as for cost per performance check out the nosler 105 RDF vs the berger vld.

trentcwwilson
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
    6br is a great cartridge especially setup for the 105's with a fast twist barrel. keep in mind there are tons of reamers out there for this cartridge. i'd recommend a no turn reamer setup for lapua brass with freebore for the 105's. as for cost per performance check out the nosler 105 RDF vs the berger vld.
    I had priced the 105 Berger VLD. I don't know twist rates to save my life so any info you can give me would be appreciated. Guess I'll have to go join the 6mmBR forums as well. I'd like to be able to shoot the 105s extremely well, but still allow me to shoot other weights as well, preferably the V-Max as well because I love the bullet in .264 and .224. Also need a preferred barrel length. Plan on using a Shilen stainless match barrel if they have the suggested twist. That'll leave me to decide between the Savage or Remington/Tikka actions. I'm leaning Remington due to that amazing Timney trigger.