Hey guys. I have researched for the last two years and it has become apparent to me I need to build my own rifle if I want to get what I want to get.

My prefered action would be Savage with accu-trigger though I remain open to the possibility of a 700 action.
The barrel will be custom bull barrel chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. Maybe bull barrel or just heavy contour. Chassis and stock will be XLR. I haven't decided on which model yet.

Will any Savage rifle use the same action? If I buy a cheaper Axis model, will the action be identical?
I understand there are short and long action. I would likely prefer long action for more versatility though the 7mm Rem Mag can do short action.
The idea is to single feed it as a prone gun. So I can get a magazine action but I would likely not need or use the mag.
Can I just buy a cheap beat up used pawn shop gun for the action? What should I watch for in a used action?

Mainly, I'm not sure if all Savage bolt guns use the same action or not, or if there are any variations. .

Your input and pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers
Peoe