I ordered a 12FV last week and the Cabelas site said it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery. I am planning on putting it in a Boyd's stock probably, and I thought I might change it over to a detachable magazine or a hinged floor plate. I called Savage customer service this morning to ask about on line ordering of parts etc and was told that that site was down.

I mentioned that that I was considering making this change to the rifle and she asked for the serial number, as usual. I told her that it was on order (back ordered) from Cabelas, and she stated that they weren't going to be made any more. I replied that it was conflicting that Cabelas was still taking orders for it. She put me on hold for a couple minutes and when she returned she suggested that I wait until I have the rifle in my hands before ordering anything because only 12FCVs were going to be made and I might wind up with a rifle that has a detachable magazine!

This really opens a can of worms. Will the price go up? Will a new price be introduced only to new orders? Should I order another one now?

Does anyone have any insight on this situation?

Thanks
Richard