Thread: Model 10 Accutrigger replacement

Basic Member

Model 10 Accutrigger replacement

Two years ago I bought a Rifle Basix SAV-1 and installed it in my Model 10 .223. The rifle has the bottom bolt release. I did not like the way the SAV-1 interfaced with the safety and I could not get it adjusted so that it would not slam fire so I removed it and installed a Savage target spring in the accutrigger. That really helped the trigger.

Once again the bug to improve the trigger has bitten and I'm doing some research. The SAV-2 is not available for the bottom bolt release model. Timney does appear to have a model of trigger that will work. That is number 638. (I've sent an email to Timney to verify compatibility)

I have two questions, has anyone installed the Timney trigger in the bottom bolt release model 10 and if so is it safe? Second, are there any other replacement triggers of good quality for this model?

Thanks

Basic Member
    I have an answer. No one has because Timney does not make one. I called them today looking for ordering info and was told that the bottom bolt release takes too many mods and that they have no plans to make one. Sigh. Guess I need to figure something else out to improve my trigger.

Basic Member
    Someone installed a SAV-2 on a bottom bolt release and provided some instructions on how he did it. Might be worth a search.

Basic Member

Basic Member
    whoa, that is some ambitious modification. The dude must be a gunsmith. I am not. I found another idea to lighten the trigger on the stock Accutrigger that I'm going to try.

Thanks for the info though. I think this confirms Timney's statement to me that too many mods are needed to make their trigger work in these rifles.