Thread: Savage 12 LRP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Hornady 120gr ELD Match 4 rounds @ 100. I was having trigger issues with my 12 LRP today. The rifle would not fire after chambering a round. The trigger goes dead or I could hear a click and I could see and hear the cocking indicator Dropping after pulling the trigger. I am thinking the trigger was set to light from the factory. Any ideas what maybe the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Did those string one direction or the other?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne.james.10 View Post
    Hornady 120gr ELD Match 4 rounds @ 100. I was having trigger issues with my 12 LRP today. The rifle would not fire after chambering a round. The trigger goes dead or I could hear a click and I could see and hear the cocking indicator Dropping after pulling the trigger. I am thinking the trigger was set to light from the factory. Any ideas what maybe the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, it is a light trigger adjustment, if you cycle the bolt slowly it probably won't trip the sear. Doesn't go bang because of the accutrigger. I have one set about 6 ounces and it will trip if you don't cycle the bolt gently or push on the trigger blade with any sideways pressure. You should have gotten the tool to adjust it with the rifle though you will have to remove the action from the stock to adjust it.