Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Sorry RC20, but this gave me a good laugh. Clearly you don't know who memilanuk is, so let me give you a hint...

http://www.usrifleteam.com/monte-milanuk/
Agreed, its is funny sure did not who he was. Highly accomplished in a number of areas. hat off.

On the other hand, our sparky here decided to assist the draining of oil out of a gear box with 110 psi or air,

Oh, lip seals aren't intended to have THAT kind of pressure? you don't always know do you?

We do have a Fast Attack guy (another electronic type) on site and my brother was in Boomers, RO, love em both.) My dad also served WWII on Gun boats, highest rate of loses other than infantry. So all due respect, those guys are the best. Serving your country has no higher calling in my mind, shooting is just for fun. Those guys did serious stuff (and get one to talk about the missions on the Russian littoral or read about it (what little has been published) the Fast Attacks engaged in one way combat, ie they got attacked and had to take it, brave men beyond question and deserve all honor)

I still help my brother out on mechanical odds and ends though he is pretty good with that stuff.

On the other hand there are not too many people who took a Cat Wagon with 22 yards of gravel over the ice cut on the pipeline pad either.
Playing Russian Roulette on really bad roads with 3 pieces of 48 inch x 60 ft pipe riding behind your head?

Sometimes others have done things that deserve respect as well. I will not contend any of it is in the class of the Service Members, though it did take some balls to do it. I could quit any time I wanted to.

Advice was asked for and given. I was not aware I had to be a world class shooter or an electronics engineer to respond.

My bad.

And no I am neither insulted or embarrassed. A bit ironic maybe. I probably know more about the Fast Attacks and the history of submarines that about 95% of people, other than those who served.

So my apologies and I will not darken the doorstep again with my inferior thoughts (and yes I am having a bit of fun with this as well, but the hat is truly off to those who serve)