Thread: 6.5 Creedmore powder primer combination

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    Boy that's helpful.
    Well.... How about this, approach. As anyone can see on their powder bottles, lots can vary by 10%, so that is where my "painting by numbers" comment came from. Any particular persons loads may or may not be anywhere close to what someone else has for powder. This and as to what powders do or don't "Work" well in an application is covered in every manual you can buy, which tells you that if it is listed it will likely be as good a fit as most shooters can manage. So anyone's random suggestion, really wouldn't be any closer than any listed start load from a manual.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

In a similar spot right now. Just starting load development for my new 6.5CM. Could not locate any H4350 but I could find RL17. Also found loads for RL15. As said above H4350 seems to be a favorite but other powders are showing good results. Use lighter bullets(120-129gr) and you see Varget showing up. Good luck and let us know your results.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Well.... How about this, approach. As anyone can see on their powder bottles, lots can vary by 10%, so that is where my "painting by numbers" comment came from. Any particular persons loads may or may not be anywhere close to what someone else has for powder. This and as to what powders do or don't "Work" well in an application is covered in every manual you can buy, which tells you that if it is listed it will likely be as good a fit as most shooters can manage. So anyone's random suggestion, really wouldn't be any closer than any listed start load from a manual.
    One of the reasons I come to a forum like this is to get real world experience, do I take it as gospel? No, but it's a reference to consider. Just as all the reloading manuals that corporate America puts out. The only problem with those, the last person who looks at them is their lawyer not a ballistician. So, regardless of where you get some reloading advice, start low and work up.