I've had a blast learning to reload and how to tighten my groups and then trying to see how far out I can stretch the .223 with consistent accuracy. So far I'm out to just over 800 yards and can cover a 5 shot group with a dime at 100. I've hit steel at 1000 but not consistently. I'm shooting 75gr A-Max bullets that are loaded 10 thousandths off of the lands. After looking at it closely today I realized that I can set them out that extra 10 and still fit in the magazine so I'm going to run some test loads.

Also a friend gave me two of the new Noster 70gr RDF bullets and I ran them into the chamber with my Hornady OAL tool and found that I can easily reach the lands with those bullets. In fact the COAL is 0.11 inches SHORTER than the 75gr A-Max bullets. Hmmmm, Iighter, shorter, maybe a better BC. I just hope my 8 twist barrel likes them because I'm going to buy a box and run some test loads with those as well.

By the way, before anyone jumps on me for jamming my bullets into the lands, that is not my goal. I just want to touch the lands. I don't want to jam into them so that I wind up pulling bullets if I have to eject a round. Finesse.