Thread: Help interpreting OCW results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Help interpreting OCW results

I shot an OCW test on Sunday and would appreciate the opinion of some people more experienced than I am in interpreting them. I posted this on another forum that I frequent and never got an answer but instead started a discussion on the merits of the OCW method which isn't what I wanted.

Three shot groups at 100 yards fired "round-robin" style with the order of shooting reversed after each string. Barrel was allowed to cool 1-2 minutes between shots. There is a black dot indicating the center of each group. I should have used red dots since it's hard to tell the dot from the shots in some cases unless you look closely.

The second picture is the center of each group plotted on a single target with the charge weights indicated. The one plotted lower left is 41.5gr as part of the charge weight was cut off.

41.8, 42.1 & 42.4 are the three consecutively charged groups closest together which would lead me to choose 42.1 as my OCW but I'm not sure whether I'm looking at it correctly. I don't have a range longer than 100 yards to verify results so I'll have to go with what I have here but I'm not very experienced in assessing the results. Any input will be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1297.jpg   IMG_1318.jpg