Quote Originally Posted by Caliper View Post
Once a rifle, always a rifle is the ATF interpretation. This is how taking a rifle receiver and making it into something that would otherwise be called a pistol is a "SBR" and a felony without the proper blessings and taxes, even if there is no longer a shoulder stock.

I'm just wondering WHY? If you've ever fired a pistol grip only shotgun, they're far less useful than than anything with a shoulder stock. I can't see a long bolt action pistol being any more useful. If you're just after something more compact, have you considered a 16" barrel and short LOP stock, or a folding stock?
Why? My Striker trigger is pretty bad. I shoot only from the bench. My M10 in a shortened stock, even with a 22" barrel, has a good accu trigger and is easy to shoot from the bench. Withg a cut down 16 1/2" barrel it's very manageable. And, a cut down stock and barrel on a later 110 series action is cheap
r and easier to find than a Striker. I've had Competitors, Encores, Strikers and cut downs- I like the ability to change barrels on Strikers/cut downs. That's my why.

joe b.