Hello,

This is my first post. I have a .243 Savage package gun that I bought at Wal Mart. It had the cheap Simmons 3x9 power scope that I figured I would use on my .22 and get a good scope for the .243. Actually, the Simmons scope didn't seem to be that bad, but I know there are much better ones but for a .22 it surely would be good enough, is this correct? Also, I know this question has been asked numerous times, but what would be a good scope for the .243. I am not looking for the finest optics, just want a good, dependable scope that will not be ruined by recoil and will hold its zero. I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and, this is just my opinion, it seems to me if you spend $215-$250 on a Bushnell, Nikon or Weaver scope it will get the job done. If a person would run across a special on any of these scopes you probably would be satisfied, is this correct? I am just an amateur and would be very happy if I could get the rifle to shoot in an inch or inch and a half consistently. It actually would do this with the Simmons scope, but I don't know for how long.

Thanks for any replies.