Quote Originally Posted by thatguyshm View Post
1) I guess I should have rephrased it to what people are actually using for data, rather than the scant data Alliant already offers.
2) I'd love to talk with people who have real world use and testing.
Quote Originally Posted by thatguyshm View Post
3).I've looked at their data, I like to add in from other sources.
4) I've run into data from Alliants website they doesn't sound safe in regards to greatly shortened COAL and they stand by it when contacted. I'm looking more so for additional information but thanks for the note for sure.
1) That is at best inviting trouble. Charge range, WITH corresponding velocity range is all you need from Alliant or other manual. With a scant few exceptions, few of us care enough to buy pressure testing equipment. When we tell people something is over-pressure, they ignore us because it goes against the cool kids in their club.
2) See #1 again.
3) Adding data together?!
4) Holy carp, Batman...
Let's get you some real information about reloading. Unless you start talking stupid differences or compressed loads, seating deeper ALWAYS LOWERS pressure. A minor change in the burning rate from case capacity, always gets trumped by the gas bypassing the bullet before engraving the lands. This was studied long ago, here is a chart from that work.

So to your questions about the powder. Alliant was part of ATK, without looking it up I can't remember if they got the boot in a spin-off so they could merge with Orbital or not. Point is, they don't "make" powder. They lost the contract to operate the Radford Arsenal years back, and with it and production capacity. That is unless BAE sold them rejected Rocket/morter propellant, then they could still resell it as shotgun/pistol powder.
Reloader 23 came to the states in roughly 2014-ish. It comes from Groupe SNPE, which is French State owned. They own/build all Bofors, Ramshot, Eurenco lines, and most of the Reloader series.

Remember that the Reloader is the waste market for the military industrial complex. No one makes powder for us, they just happen to sell what they've already made to us.
Since that powder is quite new to the US, there may just not have been time to test it. Also remember that MOST books aren't actually tested frequently. They are reprints for long stretches, or calculations. Speer was spun-off in the Orbital/ATK merger. They have been actively working on a total re-shoot with pressure tested data for over a year now. When I talked to them in Jan, it may not even be done this year. We both know company's schlepping bullets won't dedicate 3 years and a mountain of money to testing for a manual everytime. So we shouldn't expect it from a company who only resells powder with their name on it.