Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
Thanks YoBuck,

I'm actually a lefty but that doesn't matter... I have bracial nerve damage in my right hand, which would be the control/grip/squeeze the rear bag hand... I have looked at the rabbit ear bags and thought they would be a good one to try, I'm just not sure which size would be stable enough without me being able to squeeze/hold it in place.... but not be so high that when I use my front bag it doesn't point my barrel at the ground 50 yards in front of the bench.

Do I just try a little Caldwell small rabbit ear? just to make sure it would fit on my shooting bench and still use my gorilla bag? or do I go with something more like a http://www.dog-gone-good.com/rabbit ear and just buy a new front bag from them as well?

Thanks for the advise as always,
I'm a lefty also, so you would be using your right to control the bag. I have seen the very small rabbit ear bag Caldwell makes but never used one.
I have one of their high front bags but I only use that when shooting at targets.
I primarily use a Protector leather rabbit ear bag filled with light weight material. You might need a different front bag setup also. There are many sizes, and even the old cloth shot bags filled make good bags. I know guys who use good strong socks filled with sand with a knot tied on them.
A wood block or several of them stacked with one bag on top will work well.
For hunting l/r deer we use a custom mechanical front rest with no bag.