Caliper,

My Axis is about 4 years old now and being a lefty my options for stocks were far less at that time. I was trying to do it more "budget" style then you perhaps. I wasn't going for a chassis but wanted a nice laminate. Like I said, it was my first build and didn't really know what I was doing the first time around. It was more "Kentucky windage" in putting it together.

When I called boyds to see if they had the Pro varmint in a left bolt with a bull/varmint barrel channel, they told me they didn't make one, but if I wanted to send them my entire rifle including the optics, then they would blueprint the stock for me for free, and then they'd be able to offer it for all lefties on the axis. I just didn't feel comfortable in doing that, so my only option was the Prairie hunter, that would open up to accommodate a heavy sporter or light varmint.

There are more aftermarket parts, stocks, etc for the 11/111 platform. The only thing that I wish the 11/111 had is the enclosed action port. Similar to the model 12 target actions.

And Boyds still doesn't make a Pro varmint in a lefty bolt for the Axis last time I checked.