I know there are people who have developed good loads for the Pencil barrels and that's on my list to try with a 270 this summer.

That said, I have run some of my known good reloads combos ones through an 06 and the 270 and failed. Forget which one, really does not matter. it would shoot the one to the left by an inch, then the next two side by side. Hunting wise you could split the difference for POA but .......

So off the shelf or even reloads, the better options is a heavy barrel and that puts it into the 10 PH with what I think is a Varmint Profile (with flutes I gather)

That would give you consistent target accuracy (not just long range) and you could shoot a long session with it. The pencil is going to heat up (LWH) and go wild after 5 rounds (that assumes you can make a load for it, highly unlikely in factory ammo)

Obviously if weight is the driving issue then the LWR but that looses the target shooting part.

LRH is both heavy and more awkward with the 26 inch barrel. Fine for bench work, certainly great for open hunting and or sit predator or hunting but not carry around.