Yeah, I should probably call and try asking barrel makers this question first - but I thought I would ask the forum if anyone is aware of a barrel maker that makes a .284 barrel with a 1:7.5 or faster twist?

My situation - I've got 2 Savage 110's in 300 Win Mag with shot out barrels. Throat erosion occurred before I bought the guns - so they were purchased as project guns from the get go. I don't have much into them - $350 total for both guns, knowing they need barrel replacement.

Choices are slim if i stick with the .532 bolt face - and the new 197 gr 7mm Sierra bullet with a .780 G1 BC has got me thinking. Maybe another 7mm Mag which would also allow me to use existing .532 bolt face, and I'm already spooled up with brass, dies, bullets, etc to load for it. I've got 2 7 Mag's now - but neither will stabilize the new Sierra bullet.

Does anyone make a barrel with a fast enough twist - or is it going to be an expensive custom order for me?

I'll barrel one back to 300 Win Mag - and if I can find the right twist in .284 I may have a plan for the other one.