Welcome
Darryl, I don't know if you hand load or not, but that's the biggest accuracy improvement someone can make to a modern centerfire rifle period. I'd recommend a starter setup (Lee anniversary kit is a good one to start) and a good manual.
As far as the rifle itself tuning the factory trigger up is always a good start and the factory synthetics are pretty useful as they come but can always be bedded and tinkered with to improve them in a multitude of ways. The scope is gonna depend on your budget, but a good name brand scope and mounts(leupold comes to mind) is always a good move.
Over and over again I see a lot of guys throwing good money after bad changing parts on rifles when a good load was all that was needed from the start.
It seems to be a sport in itself of going to the range with a factory Savage and a box or two full of hand loads, sitting down at a bench beside a tactifool or big talking/big money custom, and shooting one ragged hole. It's even better if the Savage has a rattle can paint job and maybe even bedded with JB Weld.
Of course spend your money as you wish....