I got myself an Axis 223 a week ago, sifted through all the reviews ect. The main reason was the cost, and my budget. The trigger was an easy fix, I had the parts at hand, watched and read a bunch of how-to's. Tackled the stock this weekend, with a 7/16th drill I had extended to 14", two holes were drilled from the front of the stock all the way under the recoil lug into the trigger housing, sections of a carbon fiber arrow shaft were inserted and fixed in place with epoxy putty, putty was pushed down to fill the two triangular holes in front of the recoil lug where the arrow shaft passed through, the shafts were cut at the front flush with the fore end and plugged with the epoxy putty, (looks like nostrils), the 'Ice Tray' was sanded of course and filled with two part epoxy, the but stock was also drilled (one hole) and a 12" aluminium gutter spike inserted and epoxied in place, and half filled with two part epoxy. I also super glued the trigger guard/cover in place, and the barrel groove was sanded to open it up just a tiny bit more. It feels more solid now, but the real test will be at the range. I took some pictures but still need to upload them to PB.